Hi there my dear readers!
It’s been hard to think about how I can contribute properly to this blog, but today I’ve got an idea for a new post: what to do if you’re a translator, but currently working in another area. So here re a few tips:
– I keep reading blogs and newsletters in my spare time
– I try to apply all the skills I’ve learnt every time I have to translate a technical sheet request, a complaint letter or a report in my daily routine
– I jot down all new words I encounter. I would have never imagined thee would be so much behind an aerosol can!
– I spread the translation’s love! I’ve seen how little people know about translation and the translation process, so some episodes (‘Don’t worry if you don’t understand everything, you only have to translate what I wrote’. Kindly meant, but true!) are a great opportunity to make my wonderful colleagues aware
– Working with non-translators has given me the opportunity to observe how a multinational company (a.k.a. a customer for a translator) considers translation, so that I have an idea on what both sides (translators and non-translators) think
What do you think, dear readers? Any more suggestions to be added?